Old July 13th, 2017, 05:40 AM   #44
ducatiman
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Gordon

Motorcycle(s): '95 DUCATI 900SS/SP '07 DUCATI SS800 '19 HONDA CBR650R

MOTM - Nov '18, Mar '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonik View Post
Just because "that's the way old guys did it" is not the way to keep thinking with any sort of technology, especially carbs. It's antiquated and needs to go away.

I couldn't wait to get away from carbs on my bikes and with 10% ethanol appearing everywhere in fuel, I can't stay away from them enough anymore because of what it does to the jets when they sit, for even two weeks without being run.

Not only are carbs a pain in the ass to keep in tune after engine temp and climate changes, there are such better performing answers out there, it's silly. Just look at how much more reliable the Ninja 300 is at starting than the 250.
Wow, giving no love or respect for the older "classic", antique and veteran bikes? "Need to go away"?

A bit harsh....would you legislate a Vincent Black Shadow, a Honda 750 K0, a Z1 , a GS1000S, a Ducati Desmo 750SS into the crusher?

Effects of ethanol need to be anticipated and countered, being proactive and intelligent in treatment, use and storage techniques is desirable for us cavemen.

I'd submit your particular 250 with starting difficulties was quite capable of starting at the touch of the button...with proper attention.

Carbs have been around a hundred years...here's to another 100.
ducatiman is offline   Reply With Quote