Thread: Got a ttr-125
View Single Post
Old November 4th, 2016, 07:35 AM   #8
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Ben,

Find some trails, as the season is coming to a close. Buy your parts over the off season to take it to the kart track.

When you're in the woods, PLAY! Find yourself... find your reactions to sliding, spinning up the rear, find your vision as you track 5+ objects to track at the same time while riding, find throttle and clutch control in a way the track cannot teach you.

Remember at Jennings when I was purposely sliding the rear into turn 1? Yep... similar inputs as sliding around a corner in the dirt. Also, a tree 1.5in away from you front wheel is nearly the same as the rear tire of rider you're about to pass mid corner. The list goes on and on. But honestly, it will teach you "prioritisation" of factors, some are risk, some are inputs you need to set yourself up for success for events to come.

It will cost you nothing but time and a drive right now. Take the chance, just be careful out there. They don't say "dirt hurts" for nuttin'.

And..... nice yammi. I was on the hunt for a ttr when I got my yz125 for my son. Nice bikes, just DON'T let them sit with gas in the tank. Good luck with it and have fun!

ps... now haul your buttox down to my house for some fun in my back yard.
pps... you will catch "air time" so bring your helmet.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote