View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2014, 09:37 AM   #17
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
Part of the learning process involves crashing.
This doesn't have to be true unless you believe it to be that way. You should try to find a track day event that has real quality coaches vs. a bunch of CR's.

I have ridden dry tracks, wet tracks, fast tracks, slow technical tracks, dirty tracks, extremely bumpy tracks, crowded tracks, tracks covered in frost, tracks covered in car rubber, during 55mph crosswinds, in the remains of a hurricane... yes I said hurricane , ect... ect... so on, and so forth... All with 0 crashes. I have crashed yes, while racing and riding at my 100% and beyond. I have helped 30+ riders (many of them members of this forum) through their first track day with 0 crashes.

I do believe... at some point, if one rides on the track enough, chances are they will eventually go down. BUT... it is NOT part of the learning process, it is a failure of the learning process. It's an ERROR in judgment and to err is human. If you're riding a track day and crashed, you have learned nothing but how to scare the crap outta yourself in that moment in time.

Back on topic
Did anyone confirm if the ebay levers work on the 300? If so, then it would be a very cheap way to fine tune the ergos of the bike for street or track use. How about the ebay adjustable & foldable version?
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote