View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2015, 08:00 AM   #591
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
oh noes, has the streak ended?
Naw, I took this pic on the way to Mid-Ohio. My fingers are all jammed up due to taekwondo class, but it was my first time to ride track slightly injured.

Was a fun past couple of days. Coached a semi fast twilight with lots of rubber on the track from the open wheeled cars, then the next day was a standard track day. At the end of the second day Mid-Ohio had a private track event, I was asked to stay and coach that as well. 9AM - 9PM of straight track time only missing one session, jeezzzz I am beat today! My hand hurt pretty good on the drive home. But a couple more firsts for me, to coach a group of baggers and to ride a brammo empulse.

Coaching the bagger riders was pretty standard but had to mod some things due to their bikes. One lady said "if I keep going, I am going to have to replace my center stand". Another gent was fearful to open it up on the back straight but I helped him get to 90mph. But he left with the biggest smile, so it's all good.

The empulse was a woot!!!! Instant and FULL torque no matter what your current speed or gear. I felt like I was in stealth mode. The only sound was from the chain and a slight whine of the motor. The front felt really, really heavy though. I wish I had more time on it to get a better feel.

Lowcel crashed pretty good and bummed up BOTH ankles. I hope he heals up fast because he has more free track days to run.

The other riders I helped all kept it shiny side up and left super happy as well. It was great to see old friends and to meet plenty of new faces that will be friends for a long time.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.