Old June 22nd, 2019, 01:02 PM   #8
ducatiman
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Gordon

Motorcycle(s): '95 DUCATI 900SS/SP '07 DUCATI SS800 '19 HONDA CBR650R

MOTM - Nov '18, Mar '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Energy comes from lots of coffee and legal stimulants for ADHD!! I can't sit still for more than 5-minutes!

Yeah, gruesome stuff like hacked up wiring twisted together by hand and taped over? Rat's nest maze of wiring tossed together?

It's an '87. Was running supposedly and completely disassembled by racer to turn into track bike. Some basic safety-wiring was started on adiator. Then he lost interest and sold it to another guy who also lost interest. Now it's mine, all mine, buwaahahaahh!!!

Came with new tyres and tonnes of extra stuff for racing like clip-ons, rearsets, extra sprockets, belly pan, etc. I'm going to build up completely stock to start and see what it's like first. I have doubts about that industrial-looking rear fender...
If its all there, a great starting point for a resto/build. If you can get it lookin' like your pics, WOW.

The kids added bling lighting, cut and disabled the cooling fan, the sidestand switch, other stuff. Used *wire nuts*....clumped, taped over in giant, near fist sized clumps. Mis-routing started at the main harness and continued with runs going up, down, around stuff. You'd have to see it to believe it.

i've got a huge pile of electrical crap I removed...hence I've named this Triumph "the Pile". A fun, challenging project nonetheless, my bud the owner understands , supports, is not "pushing me" to quickly finish. There is so much stuff missing and lost, we await parts orders.
Another 10-12 days....fork service and other stuff yet to complete.

Good luck, I'll be following your progress.
ducatiman is offline   Reply With Quote