View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2020, 01:34 PM   #13
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaS View Post
I heard that the pirellis had faster lap times but dropped off sooner. Was wondering with the small bikes if the faster lap times lasted longer. Interesting about the heat cycle comment from the previous comment. Would makes sense since pirelli has a softer carcass than it would be less robust than the harder dunlop carcass
The real 'problem' with Pirellis is not just the drop off -- it's that the drop off doesn't really give you as much feel so it's easier to suddenly lose it rather than feel it slipping and know you need to back off. I still love them on my 300 and have never had an issue, so your suspicion may be correct. I also will admit that my own perception of tire feel is very poor so I'd probably miss the Dunlop signalling me too :P