Thread: K&N oil filter
View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2017, 05:39 PM   #3
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Mid-Ohio banned them after 6 failures on track early this season. We could care less about the quality or brand, it's all about the safety of the rider.

We have given FREE filters to many riders who passed through tech and didn't know about the ban. We are doing our best, but can't have filters for every bike on hand. We also offer a one time pass to those who show up with said filters. They are put in a yellow jersey to let other riders know that they need to not follow in the tire tracks of that rider.

It's a sad realization of what is currently happening with the hardware bits. Trust.... a rider's in front of me failed and oiled the track. MINE failed too, luckily during a short test ride before going to the track.

Please, please, please check your stuff. imho... I believe that some riders are using the nut on the end as a torque point to tighten the filter down. Then this in turn weakens the welds for the nut, causing the failure and leaks. But that is just my opinion.

Last futzed with by csmith12; September 20th, 2017 at 05:30 PM.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.