View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2014, 07:26 AM   #104
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I'm really picky about the video quality and battery life for an action cam. The video quality on a GoPro Hero3+ is incredible, while the drift Ghost-S is not. The battery life on the drift is amazing, but on the go-pro it's not. Same price, however I can always carry around an extra battery to keep the GoPro running but I'll be stuck with the Drift-S video quality forever.

The highest model currently made by Contour is the Contour+2, right?
Yep, the Contour+2

I don't blame you about the quality or battery life. Unless you need super fine detail, the 1080p might fit your quality needs well. If your after really long battery life, the contour is not for you. It's not a real problem for me though, I charge mine overnight, then head to the track. I normally record 7 20min sessions, along with any other shenanigans that I happen to see in the paddock. It's about 2 hours of video before I start to worry about the battery going dead. The night video quality is kinda dark and so so, but works fine for catching the nocturnal stuntas in the lit parking lots.

@algs26 - Contour had a last minute investor save them from folding up shop. I am still sceptical of their future. If I were their investor, I would find a way to get a contour in the hands of as many pro athlete out there and a few good amateurs as well. They are getting killed by marketing.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote