View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2011, 06:51 AM   #23
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoulrath View Post
In addition, Keith Code has something he teaches to gain a bit more lean angle and it involves getting your head lower to generate just a bit more lean from the bike while maintaining stability. I forget what the exercise is called, and only read about it on the same forum after a track school discussion. Certainly not necessary for the road, but it has the same principle of more weight on the inside line of the bike to reduce the lean angle of the bike itself.
The drill in question here is the hook turn. And it is definitely useful on the street as it can tighten your turn mid corner without introducing instability to the bike. I can see hints of this skill in the OP's video. Think how this can help you in decreasing radius turns.

Link to original page on YouTube.

In my riding experience, when I am followed and perform this technique I get questioned about it at the next rest stop. "Why was your head down, but your bum on the seat?" "What is your secret to rolling through that decreasing radius turn with so much more speed than everyone else?" I have also found that some riders do this and don't even know it. It just happens as they ride at a slightly more than casual pace.

Again, the road and speeds shown in the OP's video do not require such advanced techniques to navigate to the end shinny side up. But the requirements of a FUN ride are different for us all.

Great ride

Last futzed with by csmith12; September 30th, 2011 at 09:13 AM.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote