View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2015, 02:45 PM   #77
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Some real talk ya'lls...

I love SS's!!!!!!!! But if ya can't handle it, it be like riding a bee stung swayback pony bareback through the brier patch on a hot summer day.

Seriously though...
The acceleration force that is still felt with a pinned throttle at 100+mph from a 600ss is precisely in no way shape or form ever intended for n00bs, even more so from superbikes.

If a SS is lugging off the line, then the rider isn't in well enough in the friction zone (which is normally pretty small). A SS can come of the line at an idle. If one can't make it happen... the rider is not precise enough.

All SS bikes are not created equal, a few are outright monsters from the start and thin out up top (big twins), some only wake up at 8k+ and get downright ridiculous at 10k (yamis, kawis, ect..), others are very linear in the power delivery throughout the rev range (honduhs and the likes). Above n00b level throttle precision is needed from time to time to calm the beast within (both bike and rider) or let sleeping dogs lie.

Cheap and SS overall don't belong in the same sentence. lol How precise it needs to be is determined on where the decimal point is when you spend $$ or measured in how many tires you need per season and how often you change fork seals. hahahahhaha

SS are easy to maneuver because they are designed to be, pretty simple. If not, there is something wrong with the bike, but normally it's the rider that is precisely the problem.

Manya n00bs start on a 600 without much fussin', imho... It just be slowin' down their learnin's unless they pursue trainin' beyond the msf. I be seein' it all da time.

Back on threat topic:

So according to that video, the frame geometry is not "track oriented". So I would bet that part of the race setup for this bike would be a geometry adjustment. ie. lowering the front/raising the rear. It's got the SS look, just needs the SS stance and legs under it.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.