Old July 23rd, 2019, 05:42 PM   #7
ducatiman
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Gordon

Motorcycle(s): '95 DUCATI 900SS/SP '07 DUCATI SS800 '19 HONDA CBR650R

MOTM - Nov '18, Mar '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Rob View Post
Pics added. Note that I did NOT make any of the damage on the parts, the previous owner maybe didn't have the right patience and tools and you can see how rounded some of the parts are. Especially that gold colored one in the 1st and 2nd pic. I gently removed it with a smaller screw driver ( not the one in the pic) and screwed back in but not all the way so I can easily take it out when I clean/replace the part. Gaskets look worn out too. The floats do not rise to the same height. 3rd pic, I think it's called a drain bolt but that thing is really rusted so I'm going to have some trouble removing it and will probably just replace them. I am also going to replace the 8 bolts that hold each carb closed so those I'll get at home Depot. I got the size from that Ninja250 org website. The other needles and parts are in good condition and just need a good cleaning but some of the parts do need to be replaced. I took the carbs apart and put all back together but these were the damage concerns that I have. Any feedback?
I'll try to address all your comments.....the brass colored screw in pic 1 and 2 is the pilot screw (adjusts idle fuel mixture) You need to replace the tiny oring which resides deep inside....also a spring and tiny washer then oring (in that order) should be present on each screw.

Pic 3 is bowl drain screw, a 3mm allen to remove

Pic 4 flattened bowl gaskets (imperative to replace both)

Pic 5 float valves, RH one has come apart (imperative to replace both)

Pic 6 whacked out, high float levels carb on LH side of pic due to broken float valve. You must replace float valves, clean seats and adjust.

of course, every screw needs replacement. I use stainless buttonheads, don't even need washers.

What shape are the diaphragms in?

You plan on splitting them to enable replacement of the rail orings? Also enables access to inspect the vacuum hoses between. Then of course you've got to remove the choke plungers to access the enrichener circuit...then inspect/service the decel valve.. more and more.

Those carbs are pretty rough...consider a refurbed set.
ducatiman is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.