View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2020, 02:26 PM   #5
ducatiman
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Gordon

Motorcycle(s): '95 DUCATI 900SS/SP '07 DUCATI SS800 '19 HONDA CBR650R

MOTM - Nov '18, Mar '17
All indicates good to go then. Can offer some general comments then.

As others suggested, MSF would be 1st choice as they work on an instant, personal level dealing with YOUR individual, specific needs.

Short of that...slowly but surely familiarize yourself to bike's specific input needs and its responses. Don't push, stick with more empty backroads. Whatever time it takes, you'll build up confidence in your abilities. Then and only then, hit more trafficked areas. Progressively...don't jump right on to the interstates just yet. Make more demands on both yourself and on the bike WHILE staying within limits. A slow, safe and sure progression or "learning curve".

I hesitate to go into a "life story" but I'm 68 now. Street riding (illegally) from around 12-13 YO progressing from a $30 1965 Honda CB160, self taught long before MSF existed...using the same manner as I described above, all backroads until legal, then and only then taking it to commuting, sport touring.

These days my most favorite riding is slow, twisty, tree lined back roads. Sometimes I'll purposely take a wrong turn and "get lost" exploring. No pressure. Redefines therapeutic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11-3-3.jpg (152.1 KB, 8 views)

Last futzed with by ducatiman; April 9th, 2020 at 04:34 PM.
ducatiman is offline   Reply With Quote