View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2018, 08:19 AM   #23
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Assuming the spring rate is right for you. Your high/low speed compression is too tight sir. iirc, your shock will have both high and low speed compression adjustments. Typically, the low speed is in the center of the high speed adjust nut. 15mm or 17mm I think.

Turning either of them to the right will make the ride "harder", turning them to the left will "soften" the ride.

Adjusting compression would be typically done after getting sag numbers within range and an acceptable rebound setting that is in harmony with the front.

Start with sag and rebound, then go to compression. Watch some Dave Moss videos if you have no clue how to do this and/or get some experienced help. You can really muck up the readability of your bike by adjusting these settings without a clue of what you are doing and WHY you are doing it. AND.... it will cost in you tires.

I could be convinced to let you know the settings on mine, but the would be most likely too hard for your liking on the street AND will most likely not be close to what you need based on the front setup.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote