View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2017, 05:59 AM   #72
ducatiman
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Gordon

Motorcycle(s): '95 DUCATI 900SS/SP '07 DUCATI SS800 '19 HONDA CBR650R

MOTM - Nov '18, Mar '17
I originally purchased and refurbed this 32mm carbset for resale to any forward thinking 86-87 owner interested in having spare carbs while they are still available...inevitably there will come a day when this vintage 32mm parts/carbsets become very rare.

Realizing they would bolt right in to 30mm models, Ghostt was interesting in trying, he experienced (as he posted) a perceived butt dyno measure of some more up top, accompanied by acceptable fuel mileage.

As this was a casual, simple experiment from the start...dyno time, further expense was never intended from the getgo.

I did research 86-87 EX250 OEM manifolds...were affordable and available...and, pending further research may very well suit a potential buyer of these carbs, which are back in my possession, casually "on hold" for Ghostt.

I must note that solely increasing carb and manifold size likely still restricted by factory intake porting, valve size and camshaft profiles.....science WAY above my knowledge and capabilities. That clearly enters engine "builder" territory, which, admittedly, I'm not. Hey, with $$, time, knowledge invested, the sky is the limit.
ducatiman is offline   Reply With Quote