View Single Post
Old June 15th, 2017, 03:22 PM   #1141
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakaru View Post
This goes against what I was taught at CSS -- I did that and they had me move my foot back to be inline.
I remember hearing something similar during my time at css as well. However... the CSS inspired rearset pegs are very similar in design to my request in a thread I created here ("tip of the peg"). I do believe that css understands that humans are put together differently and one rider may find themselves riding in such a manner as needed. Back to the css inspired designed peg, there is only one reason I can think of to bevel the tip of the peg like they do... because riders need or want it that way. Even CSS coaches will use sometimes use a judgement and flexibility call when reviewing a riders body position. It's not purely based on looks, its... weight management, being able to relax, not going against the bike, not chopping things up (I FINALLY UNDERSTAND!!! @Misti) and generally riding within your skill level. Basically, on any given day your bp on a bike can be vastly different than the rider in front of you, that doesn't mean it's right or wrong, it means are you hurting your potential or nah?

For example, I don't put my heel against the rearset guard, I put it on the swingarm itself to feel what it is doing. It is one of the many soft contact points the rider may have with the hard parts of the bike to determine what is really happening. While I don't do it for every corner, I do it from time to time as conditions change. aka... I look like the rider Mr. Fist posted a pic of as conditions dictate.

Lemme know and I can post some pics of what repeated riding like this does to your boots, the bike and the riders feet.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.