View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2016, 06:53 AM   #13
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Your other thread wasn't that long ago and I was trying to put the entire picture together before passing a judgement on something missing quite a few details.

I dislike the scare tactics but when I don't want to fix a problem or update my bike in some way, I take it to my buddies shop. He sometimes uses those tactics as well but he has your best interests in mine and just "calls it like it is". The one thing he is NOT is vague. $300 would be a hefty price to pay for replacing some spark plugs and changing fluids and other basic stuff that takes a skilled worker only .5h to complete.

Lastly, each crash is different. The speed at which the bike went down is largely irrelevant. Out of my crashes, the worst damage to my bike was the one at only 45mph vs the insane 97mph down. You would be surprised how little force it takes to bend a fork tube. These lil 250's crash like tanks, but sometimes they hit something just right and all hell breaks loose.

Either way, getting a second opinion is never a bad thing to do when you question something or you have just that gut feeling. If you do, can you update us on the status so we know your riding around safe and it just might also help someone else in the future.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote