View Single Post
Old January 19th, 2015, 09:30 AM   #526
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
I spent all weekend cutting and splitting a large tree in my yard. I had to cut the tree down even though I didn't want to but I was dead and endangering my house. It was major work and to save time, I rented a splitter. No judgement from the peanut gallery either, I gots to get ready to hit the track in less than 2 weeks.

Anyway... My wife noticed my neighbor (450ft from my house) pulling a tree to his house to cut, so I went to offer my rented splitter and time to help him out. His only source of heat is wood and he was running pretty low. Here in KY, there is a couple months of cold weather still on the calendar.

So... you know what I did. I asked him to bring his truck over to my house. When he showed up, we loaded it heaping full of cut and split wood from my stack and hooked the splitter to the tow hitch. Jade and I loaded in the truck and followed him to his crib and we worked our tails off refilling his stack. We also cut and split what he had too.

2 solid days of work, 2 warm houses, 2 happy families, 1 warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from a personal heat source.

Last futzed with by csmith12; January 19th, 2015 at 11:40 AM.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.