Thread: 08 250r issues
View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2014, 11:48 AM   #19
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomPhantom View Post
I refilled the radiator with new coolant already. I will drain the coolant system once i get back home. As for the engine oil, i will check that as well. I heard something sucking while i was riding back home yesterday. It was like that for a good 10 or so miles until i finally got off the freeway. Bike wont start as well but ill start from there. As for the no start it cranks it just doesnt want to crank to the point where it starts
Did you try to restart it while it was hot or cold? It would be normal for an overheated engine to not start.

Start with oil check first, no sense in even turning on the key and going any further until that is ensured. Also, just topping off the radiator will only get you by. You really should bleed any remaining air out of the system. To do this, you will have to get the bike running long enough so the thermostat opens, then blip the throttle a few times. Just leave the cap off and refill as needed but keeping it full throughout this process makes life a bit easier.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote