View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2010, 09:56 PM   #17
kevlarorc
noob motovlogger

Name: Gareth

Motorcycle(s): Black 2009 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiekay View Post
Hey Kev....in all seriousness...well placed scratches...depending on how you look at riding...are a definite "badge of courage". I mean, these bikes are sooo pretty but, depending on who you hang with, how you ride, how you feel about appearances you could just leave them there. I mean, really, anytime you pull up to a group I can almost guarantee you'll be asked to tell the story. It's up to you but the price of plastics is always very high and if the damage in no way affects the performance or safety...you could spend the money on stuff that does...like the signal...and sliders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKlein3004 View Post
i will agree with eddiekay. if i come ride with you sometime you will see my bikes battle scars. cracked fairing where yours is scrapped and slide maks on the other side. only parts i replaced where the tank, got a dent somehow that i can't figure out hoew, the front fairing, had a gigantic whole in it, and now the rear left courtesy of triggen becuase it was too good of a deal to pass up. I honestly believe that replacing the fairings right now on my bike is a waste of money and time. I am not a seasoned rider by any means so i feel that it might happen again. I have confidence in myself but i am still a new rider so things can happen. its all up to you and your pride and how you feel about riding around on a scraped bike. You could easily take a rattle can to it and clean it up a bit to hide the marks and save your money for sliders or other pieces for the bike that can protect it when you get new fairings.
you know what? I think y'all are right. I'll just replace the necessary things and leave the scratched up fairing there. I also had the idea that if I ever lay it down on the other side then I'll just take both and paint them white and have a sort of Panda bike.
Cycle gear just sent me their catalog and it looks like I'm in the market for some snazzy new leather pants.

maybe it'll make the bike less attractive to steal too lol