Old September 4th, 2015, 12:39 AM   #20
ducatiman
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Gordon

Motorcycle(s): '95 DUCATI 900SS/SP '07 DUCATI SS800 '19 HONDA CBR650R

MOTM - Nov '18, Mar '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchyx34 View Post
Maybe my hands are weak? I was using bits just like in the picture you just posted but a little bit longer. I couldn't really get a good enough grip on them. I only tried the passenger's side carb as the driver's side one seemed even harder to reach. Did I mention that the engine is hot as hell too?
thin mechanics gloves and rag strategically placed on engine will help somewhat from burn. move rag with you, side to side during procedure. and er, remove when done.

turning pilot screws should not offer major resistance by any means, unless threads are spooged, orings deteriorated within, incorrect sized washers, etc. (in other words a parts problem within)

RE: air and 4K....are you *certain* ALL your vac hoses are secure, no splits, ends tight and secure on the vac nipples?

note there are 2 vac nipples *between* carb bodies (hoses come up between the bodies) and another shorty under the decel valve...check these all for cracks/splits/tightness as any leaks in any of these would cause issues.

The 2 between may need to be checked by, sigh, removing the carbs yet again, impossible to properly check/view with carbs in place. Look for swelled ends (where they actually fit over the nipples) or general loose/sloppy fit which could cause leaks. There's some intense vacuum at those points when running. If you have the length to work with...cut them back to restore *tight* fit. Be precise here.

I'll take for granted your throttle cables have been adjusted with adequate freeplay?
ducatiman is offline   Reply With Quote