View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2018, 09:58 PM   #5
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
If you are going for the race look, then lose the rim tape unless its reflective "for safety." Nothing says street bike more than rim tape. Another mod that is actually helpful that will assist with the race look is a steel front brake line.

Unless you need it, losing the passenger equipment will also add much to the race look.

That tank cover looks huge! An endurance bike will have an oversized tank, a sprint bike has a stock sized tank and is normally only filled with enough fuel to complete the sprint laps.

Another cheap mod to do next time you change tires is 90-degree valve stems. These are a godsend in the paddock when working with your air pressures.

And don't forget the zip tie on one of the fork legs.

And NOTHING.... and I repeat NOTHING completes the race look like the lack of chicken strips.

Seriously though, the RIDER is part of the race look as well. So gear up like a racer! Trust me, you will be glad you're wearing it if you ever need it.

Good luck with everything, I like what you got going on so far and will check out any further pics you post. It looks like my bike back in 2014.... good times, good times.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote