View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2017, 02:57 PM   #22
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
(responded inside your quote)

My thought is:
* the ninja 250R is already biased towards weight on the rear (I think)
* the throttle is far less able to transfer weight the rear
* uh
* oh yeah
* those two things kinda cancel each other out

OK, I'm wondering now whether the clever folks at Kawasaki created the weight imbalance on purpose.
Perhaps I am reading too much into it but, if you ride more brands of bikes in a close to semi stock config, you will find;

Honda - pretty good/damn good at everything, master of none but with the right rider, a deadly foe
Yami - Awesome as long as the front stays stable, 100% ride in anger
Suzuki - Awesome as long as the rear stays stable, lower the front, raise the rear (in general), get back to the throttle early and live happy!
Triumph - Similar to honda, but when sh*t hits the fan, go yami style and carry corner speed
Bimmer - Just let electronics figger it out lol, ham fist it... the bike's got dis
Aprilia - Sick arse bikes!!!!! Throttle control or electronics will be your friend - sum b*tches eat tires for breakfast
KTM/Ducati - Ride it like a tractor, hahahahahhahahahaha, ham fist it on exit or go home... rear slides and rear spin ups are no biggy, stay on the gas
Kawi - Balanced front to rear but you have to "ride it in anger and figger it out from there, because it can go either way. Have a racer check your throttle, it's most likely effed up
Harley - your kidding right?

To address your concern, the Kawi's should be pretty balanced front and rear or you got hardware/bike setup to address. The exception to this rule are riders that give 0 fuks... they will ride anything fast. Kids somewhat fit into this category because they don't know.

PS; please don't take some of those ham fist comments seriously, they are meant to be a joke... somewhat. At higher levels of riding skill, it's kinda spot on.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.