View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2013, 09:59 AM   #1
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Breaking Through Boundaries

After my high speed down, the next time I hit the track I was "teh sLoW". So I figured I needed to get back to the roots of cornering and just get out there and have "fun" first and pick a few skills to work on. You know, no sweating all the little things and generally stop being a perfectionist for a bit and "just ride".

Here is what I did;

Choose a track that I was super comfortable with (Mid-Ohio)
Choose to ride my R6 (a comfort thing)
Choose to ride a day with a bunch of friends on the track, pit time was so great with 30+ friends
No lap timers
Didn't use any cameras
Ignored everyone while on the track (unless it was safety issue)

Whoa... just me, the bike and the track. I was surprised by the end result and just how much had become just integrated into my riding without even thinking about it. If I can hold this kinda pace on a 250 my next races are going to be super fun.

The video is Phillip Shmoun (600 superbike racer) chasing me down near the front of the pack of the A group. When he showed me the video, I was floored at how long it took him to catch me. He needs to tape over his mic cause the sound on his raw video was crap so you got some Kid Rock instead.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Feels good to be getting back to my pace.

csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote