Old July 15th, 2015, 02:06 AM   #17
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
If your front brake's lever is adjusted to your fingers and natural angle of the wrist, you could try braking and operating the throttle simultaneously by keeping index and middle fingers on the lever and wrapping the handle with thumb, ring and pinky.
I actually do that already! I pretty much always have my front lever covered. It's something I picked up from you a while back. It helps give extra feel to where the throttle is positioned and it helps me get on the brakes more quickly when I need to (don't worry - I'm not prone to snapping on the brakes - except for that one time with that squirrel).

So I can comfortably completely close the throttle while applying the front brake. What I cannot do (at this moment) is blip the throttle open as a shift while braking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
Thanks! I'll give that a read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
with the engine off try using your brake lever with the tips of your fingers and allow yourself some flex to be able to move your wrist. Then work on pulling your wrist back a bit to simulate the throttle blip, do this for a bit and it should feel pretty natural. Then go into a parking lot and practice it with the engine on, 2nd-1st is the hardest so try 3rd-2nd. Hopefully you'll be comfortable with it within a few hours
That's a good idea, thanks. I'll do that.

* dreams of one day changing her vote to "I'm pro" *