View Single Post
Old April 20th, 2016, 09:22 AM   #42
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
from looking at sporty motorcycles, I assume they carry the majority of their weight on the front wheel as during static conditions.
While your not totally incorrect, don't assume such things my good man. The general accepted rule for weight distro for pedal bikes would be that 30:70, but those figures do not transfer to road bikes 100%. From my research, a good starting point for a sport bike might be something more like 45/55, it mostly holds true to what most of us are riding these days. To finally reach the 50:50 goal... we must take the rider's weight into account.

From Ducati:

Quote:
The 959 Panigale features a weight distribution equivalent to 52% at the front and 48% at the rear without the rider or fuel. Fully fueled and with the rider, this becomes a perfect 50:50 balance to guarantee absolute stability and handling. To achieve this distribution, placement of the engine, exhaust, and rider were carefully evaluated and determined.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.