View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2015, 10:05 PM   #25
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWn60 View Post
BINGO!!! That's my point (right or wrong): load up the front a little more which lets you use a little more gas!
That is basically what I am doing but I do it only on exit, when I pick the bike up. Combining the pick up and the hook turn together fixes that little bit of time where you go wide from getting too hard on the gas just a little but too soon post epex.

Moving the head and upper torso lower and to the inside (hook turn) does indeed load the front a bit more. It's purpose is to tighten a line mid corner. Thing is, I am waiting till I am taking lean angle away before adding load to go faster. Doing this too early mid corner I don't think will work out the way you want it too vs, just ensuring the fundamentals are in place. My gut tells me that it will be easy to improperly identify a "really agressive" body position with trying to load the front with extra weight. The extra level of confidence that it takes to be that aggressive with bp, should also come along with higher corner speeds, lesser lean angles which equals a more aggressive throttle role due to those changes. Semantics right? Yea possibly so... but you did say you wanted to get technical.

Sometimes... if the track has the grip, and the tires have the traction, you are awarded some freedoms in body position to do things that "break the rules". But do please be careful loading the front as it will be easy to add lean + throttle. There are far too many crashes because of that.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote