View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2019, 10:19 AM   #10
ducatiman
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Gordon

Motorcycle(s): '95 DUCATI 900SS/SP '07 DUCATI SS800 '19 HONDA CBR650R

MOTM - Nov '18, Mar '17
Carbs came to me without vac hoses. Can't vouch for sealing efficiency for ones used previously, but my replacements are confirmed *tight* both at lower carb location (between) and upper location at decel valve. I've posted before about encountering a trend of loose fitting vac hoses. If they are loose on the bench, they'll only be worse under heated running conditions and demand correction.

As the decel valve "action" is largely dependent on the sealing integrity of same vac hoses, I can't vouch for previous valve function. I did a minor polishing tweak, should do the trick. It was in fact stuck closed upon initial disassembly on the bench. Was it sticking open or hanging up as well, in previous running conditions? Possible too, but again, I can't vouch for that. Can only take preventive repair measures as I see fit based on findings within very close inspection on the bench. Another extreme option...replace the entire valve.

Nevertheless, I'm anxious to hear results after these corrections. I'm hopeful of success and a return to acceptable running performance. And I'm always willing to work with member @Fixit going forward as needed.
ducatiman is offline   Reply With Quote