View Single Post
Old July 31st, 2014, 05:44 AM   #1
LittleRedNinjette
Certified Troublemaker

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250r "Pikachu", 2017 Ninja 650 "Epona"

MOTM - Aug '13, Aug '14, Feb '17
Solo seat cowl installed and passenger seat modification.

Ok, i know. I'm a bit nuts.... Anyway, i had the idea to get the rear seat cowl so i can switch back and forth between it and my passenger seat that has my tail bag on it. Great idea!!

Well, i have the BEST boyfriend and he found a unused, hell it was unopened, OEM cowl THE NEXT DAY.

Someone may already see the flaw in my plan...

Anyway, the cowl came in yesterday. i jump on putting it together:

For what the new cost of these is they could at least assemble the damn thing.

Someone seems to be spying on me in this one...

And there, to the left of the cowl is my problem.... The seat cowl bracket... S***!

The bracket covers the two holes the seat slides into.

So my first thought was to mod the bag to fit on the cowl without scratching the crap out of it, maybe like this but cut to fit:

Not ideal.

So my boyfriend busts out the hot knife! You can do the same with a dremel but the battery was dead.

After cutting off the mounting tabs and a bit of the plastic from the bottom of the seat we made a place for the tab on the cowl bracket to hook on the seat.

Not the prettiest but not like you'll see it.

The with some bending and some "spacers" (garden hose washers ) we got the front to fit tight.

You can barely see the tiny gap the seat has, with the bag on you done see it at all really.

And the best part is the seat is still a functional seat. Not that i ride with a passenger often but having the option is nice.

Very happy with the cowl! Looks so good!

Raven's Rejuvenation
A bruise is a lesson... and each lesson makes us better...
LittleRedNinjette is offline   Reply With Quote