Thread: Why do I wave?
View Single Post
Old March 11th, 2014, 07:52 AM   #34
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by old3 View Post
The last time I stopped to help a guy who's shifter fell apart on his Ducati, well, I was sorry I did. I gave the guy a bolt off my bike, repaired it for him and he never even said thanks or shook my hand. He just kept pissin & moaning about how the dealer was going to hear shat from him.

It won't be the last time I stop, but I'll be taking a good inventory of the rider next time before I bother to sit on the ground, unwrap my tools and take parts off my bike to get them rolling again. If I get a hint of bad attitude, I'll say good luck and roll away.

I'm in Daytona to race, the number of idiots on bikes is STAGGERING. I'm embarrassed to be counted among them. No, nobody is waving, they all appear to be in pain by their facial expressions and enjoy blasting open exhaust at women, children and dogs as they sit at a light.

Wave to your friends!
You will want to skip the bahama breeze just across the street from Daytona. Was hoping for something more, but it wasn't there.... the drinks where good though!

One does not help others for the gratification of receiving something in return, but instead to know that a selfless act was gifted. But yea... a simple thank you goes a looooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggg way. Keep stopping and helping, otherwise the old ways are completely lost.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.