View Single Post
Old November 23rd, 2015, 09:32 PM   #164
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Are the apexes the same for all bikes and riders? No, the lines, apexes and other points are not always the same between bike classes, although some riders do not alter their lines much when riding different class bikes.

For example; when riding the 250, I cut away as much track as I can. My lines do not always follow outside->inside->outside and I will apex a couple of bike lengths earlier in many corners and just hold a tighter line as the 250's power will not throw me so far to the outside on exit. I use that and the tracks layout to exit a corner in a way that better sets me up to carry more speed into the next corner. On the r6, the apexes are more tailored to "exit speed ruling" vs the 250's apex tailored to carrying speed through the corner.

I will do up a post on "exit speed rules" sometime later. It's a drill we do at Mid-Ohio to help riders stop turning in too early and apex later, improve their throttle control and stop swooping all over the track when they don't need to like a squirrel on bath salts.

Click Here for more info.

Last futzed with by csmith12; November 23rd, 2015 at 10:52 PM.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.