View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2020, 10:32 PM   #7
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Badges are simple stickers. Easily removed when hot and adhesive marks removed with alcohol. I have exact same system in box somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjed View Post
That doesn’t sound very positive on Area-P...thought they were one of the best? I’ve had a couple Tyga full systems on my 250s which I really liked. Figured AP would be at least as nice.
While Area-P is one of best, Tyga is the best. Dyno charts shows Tyga making ~1.5 bhp more. Ninja 250 is tiny market for Area-P here, so they've rightfully limited R&D and went with cheaper-to-make design. Tyga has much larger Ninja 250 market in Asia with much more discriminating customers. So they've got better design which results in more costly manufacturing (might even have some robotic welding done, or some damn good extremely skilled welders). They do cut some costs going with cheaper 409-stainless instead of prettier 304.

Check out my Exhausting Tale thread for comparisons. They're both quite good, about 90-95%. Only change I'm going to try is reverting back to pre-gen header interface to head so that pipe doesn't have to protrude into already-small port and narrow down even more. I'm not fan of spring & loop method of attaching muffler, looks too busy. So I would use split tube with bolt pulling it together like older bicycle seatpost clamp.

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; November 27th, 2020 at 07:25 PM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote