View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2013, 10:41 AM   #230
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
At first I was going to follow the steps in this DIY to install my new jets. But while removing one of the float bowl screws, one stripped and my plan was foiled.

Which leads me to this DIY. While it looks to be a lot of work, getting the fairings, airbox and other misc. stuff out of the way, it's actually the easy part. Getting the carbs in and out is the hardest part. It's tight!!!! The airbox will not slide back very far at all. It slides enough to give you just enough room to free the boots from the carbs but still takes some twisting, turning and a bit of muscle to get them out and back in. Also when doing this, your gunna rub the boots on both sides (intake and airbox). As long as your careful, this will not be a problem. Just massage everything back into it's original place. Take your time and triple check the boots to ensure nothing is folded or pinched. Take a break if you need to, this can be the most frustrating part.

For Al and anyone else that needs it, I took video of the overall process. It's not the best video, I sound like a country hick and I only have my hand to hold the camera. So print out the DIY and watch the vid for specifics/trouble spots.

Kick off your boots, put on your cowboy hat, get the popcorn and a brew. I will append the thread when the vid is done uploading. ETA 2 hours upload.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote