View Single Post
Old July 8th, 2017, 07:52 AM   #3
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti View Post
Nice write up! Glad you are taking the time to work on specific things and get yourself ready as well as taking good notes. Also love your experience of leading your friend and realizing how rewarding it is to see someone improve!! That's why I love my job so much!!

I'm curious to know what body position suggestions you were trying and a little bit more about how that affected your riding. Why don't we discuss here before you hit the track?

Thanks Misti

This is the closest Youtube I could find to his advice. Now first off, this youtube has a lot of things wrong with it, but it does have the points I was trying in it too.

Link to original page on YouTube.

The main two differences from what I experimented with were:

1. "Kiss your elbow" -- this seems way more exaggerated than I've been trying; I go out more (or rather, try to) than "kiss the mirrors" but I try to stay in more alignment with the bike than Kiss the elbow.

2. Arm up. I tend to let my inside arm sort of 'fall into place' (not completely limp but very relaxed) and lay my outside arm across the tank. I was advised to actively keep my inside arm 'up'. This definitely feels like it pulls me off the bike more when I take position, but holding it there through the turn feels awkward and my arm got a bit tired pretty quickly, which made me tense and messed up my lines pretty bad.