View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2017, 08:17 PM   #6
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
LOL Thanks Misti

No, this video was HORRIBLE I agree (and apologize for your time being spent on it!) -- I only found it trying to find anyone else suggesting what I was advised at the track (which I already found suspicious) and this is what I came upon. The awkwardness with which I rode when experimenting with it and the fact that every other piece of it was something I already knew was wrong mostly cemented in my head that it wasn't the way to go. The tiny gain of getting farther down with "elbow up" didn't make up for the incredible awkwardness.

Your help/advice on keeping my hipflick/knee-to-knee from disrupting the bike combined with Lyle helping me figure out that I needed to 'arc' my hips around a bit into the corner did more for my BP than any track rider advice has ever approached -- and that's just from last week!

I won't deny I've had (and have) bad habits and such, but it's why I'm glad I started my track with school instead of just doing track days.