Old June 18th, 2019, 07:29 AM   #12
ducatiman
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Gordon

Motorcycle(s): '95 DUCATI 900SS/SP '07 DUCATI SS800 '19 HONDA CBR650R

MOTM - Nov '18, Mar '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finesse View Post
congrats on the sale. hope you don't miss it too much and you get back in the game when you're ready!
He'll be back someday when conditions are favorable and he sees the right bike in a magazine, online or wizz past him.

IMHO...this motorcycle thing is a therapeutic addiction. Riding habits kept safe, sane, within logic...good for the soul.

I'll reveal my own personal saga...diagnosed with cancer (unable to ride) my one primary goal was to be able to ride again. I was determined to fight, beat the disease. My Doctors were supportive of the goal (within the medical path to wellness you've got to have a goal...hobbies, family, travel...whatever your "thing")

Two surgeries, radiation, chemotherapy...a little over a year later proclaimed cancer free, I was in my garage getting my comfy VFR prepped and out again.

I'll admit my first ride was emotional. I was in awe. I DID IT! I BEAT IT!
And realized I had missed a great part of my life....riding. I've done a few thou miles since...all 3 of my bikes operational, legal and ridden again!

Sorry for run-on and thread jack, but tried to stay on topic and to make a point...
you'll be back OP...someday you'll be back!
ducatiman is offline   Reply With Quote