View Single Post
Old November 25th, 2020, 09:48 AM   #8
pjed
ninjette.org guru

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 1999 Kawasaki ZRX1100, 2006 Yamaha R1, 2006 Kawasaki ZZR600, 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2017 Kawasaki Z900

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Badges are simple stickers. Easily removed when hot and adhesive marks removed with alcohol. I have exact same system in box somewhere.

While Area-P is one of best, Tyga is the best. Dyno charts shows Tyga making ~1 bhp more. Ninja 250 is tiny market for Area-P here, so they've rightfully limited R&D and went with cheaper-to-make design. Tyga has much larger Ninja 250 market in Asia with much more discriminating customers. So they've got better design which results in more costly manufacturing (might even have some robotic welding done, or some damn good extremely skilled welders). They do cut some costs going with cheaper 409-stainless instead of prettier 304.

Check out my Exhausting Tale thread for comparisons. They're both quite good, about 90-95%. Only change I'm going to try is reverting back to pre-gen header interface to head so that pipe doesn't have to protrude into already-small port and narrow down even more. I'm not fan of spring & loop method of attaching muffler, looks too busy. So I would use split tube with bolt pulling it together like older bicycle seatpost clamp.
Interesting stuff...thanks for your input! Going to email Area-P to see if I can get the clamp, decal and whatever else I'm missing. Regretting selling my last full Tyga system now. Maybe if I see another one pop up for sale, I'll snag it.
pjed is offline   Reply With Quote