View Single Post
Old October 3rd, 2013, 04:26 PM   #9
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Yes sir, Rosso II front and rear. I know the front is breaking traction already, that is part of it no doubt. When the bars want to turn inward on their own, your at the very edge of tucking the front due to traction loss. Been there, done that already. Otherwise bumps/camber changes or tight on the bars seem to start the whole chatter/traction mess or I overcook an apex a bit but ride it out anyway or just a crap stock front for what I am doing.

When I am not causing it, I am thinking damping or springs because other turns are butter smooth at steeper lean angles and faster speeds. Take my avatar for example, turning harder, leaned over more and going faster with no issues. And it happens every lap... we all know bikes don't do things every other lap or every third lap.

And your spot on about line changes. At Putnam, turn 2 has some wavy bumps just on the outside of the race line. If your barely off the race line with my setup, it don't feel good at all. A later apex keeps me out of the bumps and keeps the angry front at bay for that corner. And yea, the video is A group pace and normally about 2-4 seconds give or take back from lap record pace during races.

So now the plan is to get my parts installed
Set sag
Get an SC2 front
Tweak from there
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote