View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2017, 06:02 PM   #1
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
Momaru and Saturn have a spill

So after spending the week at California Superbike (At The Ridge specifically), Momaru and I decided to spend Saturday at Pacific. I've only been once and Paul never has -- since we're heading to Austin in a few weeks we thought we'd take the time to refine our 'learning a track' skills.

We signed up for a "Get to Know Your Bike" day in the 100 (Relaxed) group. Despite the rules saying our group only allowed outside passes in turns and a 10 foot bubble at all times we were both having a lot of close passes, inside passes, etc.

We were generally trailing one another, giving enough room between us so faster riders could pass safely one at a time. In session 3 a rider passes me and his lines immediately made me nervous and I backed down on the throttle a bit. Then I see him going for a very risky pass on Momaru and you can even hear me roll off the throttle before the impact occurs.

Momaru went for a tumble to the left and Saturn to the right. He's okay, but needs a new helmet and gloves plus some suit repairs. Saturn's right side is pretty torn up but probably about as good as could be hoped for after an incident like this.

We should've read the warning signs earlier in the day about the rules flouting and just checked out, but sometimes that's only obvious in hindsight.

Link to original page on YouTube.