View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2017, 06:39 PM   #3
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Hmm.... First, I'm sorry about your bike, and glad that Paul's OK. I see your point of view on the rules violations, but I don't see your point of view about giving faster riders room. In much of the video, it looks to me that you and Paul are using the entire track, from turn in point to apex and back out to exit, at a relatively slow speed. It makes it challenging on a windy track like that to ever find a passing point, given those rules of "never come close" and "never come inside".
The 'giving room' came from Superbike -- more than once the two of us came up on a "Conga Line" where to pass one you had to pass the whole group, so we gave room to allow to pass us one at a time.

Our speed was not high but it may be misleading in the video (classic 'fisheye lens' effect) -- Paul was definitely wringing out the Ninjette when he could and we /were/ in the beginner/relaxed group. In video not posted, the two of us are frequently coming up on the rear of other bikes and waiting for our opportunity to pass, I'd say we were definitely 'in line' with the group's speed. We're also only posting on the backside -- there are a number of 'easy pass' straights and turns (e.g. 8 or 2) that he could've waited for (in the case of 8, for just a few seconds).