View Single Post
Old December 24th, 2018, 07:24 AM   #4
ducatiman
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Gordon

Motorcycle(s): '95 DUCATI 900SS/SP '07 DUCATI SS800 '19 HONDA CBR650R

MOTM - Nov '18, Mar '17
I assure you the throttle plates are synched. However.....as I alluded to after viewing the start up video....and I'll repeat...during initial startup, sounds like one cylinder being favored over another.

Remember during the course of your other thread we found:

*high fuel level in RH carb

*defective petcock diaphragm. After replacing "Bike fired right up and ran much better."

*during the vid, it was pointed out initially the choke was NOT opened all the way during startup...and was being left on for too long. Could delay to shut it be fouling a plug? Thus causing the "running on 1" sound?

At this point, a verification of spark plug condition may be of benefit. Associate condition to the cold and hot cylinders...see if the cold side is black/wet/dark and the hot side is normal.

Re valve clearance:

"What I found is that all the valve clearances where a bit too tight"

All intake and exhaust valves were tight? ALL?
Kind of unlikely every valve to be tight...

And I must ask once again.....you are absolutely CERTAIN you adjusted the valves in correct crank/cam positions?

I wish you had deferred valve adjust until after carbs were serviced and put back on...
doing too much at once clouds things up.

Is the cold cylinder the RH side again?

Not trying to beat you up..DD...but as I've alluded, with multiple issues...something else at play here. There very well may be more.

If you were here...in one session...valve clearance doublecheck, followed by compression test, condition of spark and inspection of caps, wires, connectors, etc, synch with mercury manometer, pilot screw reset......thats where I'd venture, at least...

Kudos to @triplejim @jkv45 @DannoXYZ ...we're tryin' our best.

Process of elimination can be frustrating, long and difficult.
ducatiman is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.