Thread: New to track
View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2017, 03:21 PM   #28
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Awesome!

I hear you have got bliping and downshifting down.

The main thing I see 2 main things in your video that will go a long way toward your next goal

1. Turning a looking - Rewatch your videos paying attention to you head and when you turn. Your head turn should preceed your bar inputs. You simply can't judge how hard to push the bar unless you know where you want to point the bike.

2. Turning quicker - related to #1, turning faster is at the core of track riding. Here is something I tell even every rider that I coach, from the greenest novice to the most advanced rider.

Quote:
"You will never purposely enter a corner any faster than what you believe your skill to steer through it is."

"You want corner entry speed? Learn to turn your bike quickly and get back to the throttle to establish the status quo of stability."
Bonus: More agressive body position takes time and is a product of building up confidence after repetition. Moving your bumm is the easier part, putting your head closer to the tarmac at pace with a good amount of lean is what takes a bit "extra."

Bonus 2: Try slide accross the seat vs lifting your bumm so high off. If your not locked in the saddle and tank, then your holding on with the pegs and bars.

Otherwise, great video, looks like a fun track and I bet you had a great time.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote