View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2015, 04:37 PM   #13
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Sure Cuong, I will see what I can do.

What I can tell you now is when the outside temp has been a sustained sub 40 degrees, (aka overnight) and the bike has been left outside. I can feel a difference until about 50 degrees. Of course this is on my bike's setup. I will start making some notes and it will give me a reason to use Kevin's fancy laser temp gadget. lol

My gut tells me it will be mostly on the oil weight and valves. When I notice the bike actin' a fool and I suspect temps of the fork oil, I normally take a lb or 2 of pressure out of the front so the tire can flex and eat up the little stuff as the suspension can't react fast enough. I aint saying it's right... it just works for me.

On the r6 (where I feel the temp difference even more), I open up the damping a click or two until the temps warm up for the day (about 48 on that bike).

And for full disclosure, the only reason I know this stuff about my bike right now is because of the all the cold weather days I have put in at Putnam Park. Scraping frost off your windscreen before heading out for a session aint no joke. lol It's freaking cold!!!!
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.