View Single Post
Old August 7th, 2014, 09:57 AM   #7
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by fry1024 View Post
I can't keep it up once i stop. Never have. Try as I might, it just doesn't happen for me. Sometimes I find wiggling it a little will buy me time but ultimately it starts to fall.

I use to think my GF would help. She's been riding much longer than I have and quite experienced. She's told me she's never had an issue keeping it up and would be willing to coach me. Perfect I thought!

"The key is to concentrate; to really focus on what you want" she would say. "Keeping playing the image again and again in your head." Sometimes she would whisper in my ear to help coach my thoughts. Sometimes she would use her hands to help out. We've tried numerous places. In the garage, the backyard, the front driveway. Heck, we've been as bold as to try it at a stoplight in real traffic!

None of it would work. It kept falling.

Finally, one day, we were really going at it, tearing it up when we had to stop. Only for a second. I tried everything she taught me. At first i thought i had it. It stayed perfectly erect. I looked at her; she smiled back. I was elated...

...but then, I felt it twitch. Then lean. I grab on tight! Wiggled it. I even tried standing but none of it work and when i couldn't take it any longer I had to put my foot down. She laughed... and not in a good way.

I glared at her; told her this was her problem too.

She asked how.

You're my partner. We ride together.

She cocked head back, cackled for a second, looked at me and said, not anymore as she rode off.

Maybe someday I'll figure out it out.

I sooooo want to give an achievement here but no.

csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote