View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2018, 02:06 PM   #12
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cep View Post
I braked hard, more and more weight going to the front, then something happened, it sounded like the brake pads skipping , not the tire locking.
RARELY do you hear front wheel lockup. And what you describe... I hear from riders about 1000 times per year. My gut tells me, you had what vet riders call CHATTER. At the race level, its actually a good thing, it lets you know you are at the razors edge. In due time, its something you will learn to love to hate. Cause when you bike is super smooth, you chase it to go faster. When your bike gives you feedback like chatter, you wander wtf is going on.

As far as hard bits go, there are some great posts here for things to check and even some mentions of "the problem is the rider." Never take that as an insult, 90%+ of the time riders cause their own issues. Take it with a smile and a willingness to learn. As did some of the posters in this very there that I trained to break super hard to the very edge. And one... past it that now has some rubber on his leathers.

I have a question though..........

You had an "emergency braking" situation, but then rolled through an intersection with no cars? What happened?!?!?!? Animal? UFO's? Bigfoot? Sorry, I am missing something.

ps.... After you get the basics of braking down. AND I do mean REALLY DOWN then try reading this thread. https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=196883

Best of luck to you sir and never be afraid to question things.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.