View Single Post
Old June 6th, 2016, 08:17 AM   #721
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Thanks ya'lls!

She is not ex police, just has the well known police K9 colors and the demeanor that enjoys being trained. She is only 2ish years old give or take a month of so. I got her from an older couple that wanted a "guard dog" at home but she was more than they could handle with their other smaller pets. They also kept her weight in check so she didn't get bigger than they could handle. There are actually many very GOOD benefits to keeping a dog "slightly" underweight but don't let the pic fool you... that is Jade, my 12yr old daughter sitting behind her in the pic. For contrast, the dog is 90lbs and plenty tall. I plan to put some muscle weight on her but keep her just around 115lbs unless something changes.

Now the doors thing... I am NOT wanting her to figure that out. My house dogs will be outside and my outside cats will be inside. lol Nor do I want claw marks on the cars just in case she thinks she can get those open too. But we are thinking she is going to figure it out on her own without training and we are going to have to teach her to not do that.

When we got her, she would already sit and shake hands but that is about it. It took us about 3h to train her to not jump up on people, but she has a lot of training to go. At my house, there is A LOT that needs to be associated with "NO". So that is where we are at.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote