View Single Post
Old August 24th, 2009, 03:40 PM   #55
KJohnson21
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): '08 Kawasaki EX250 "Yoshi", '99 Kawasaki Concours "Grace", '06 Concours "Belle", '06 Yamaha YZF600R "Slick"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjabrewer View Post
Preload is set at 1

I'm 5'7" and around 135, increasing the preload will help?
As for the roads, side roads are ok, but the freeways are grooved concrete. They seem rougher than any I have been on, one road was so rough I couldn't read the speedometer. But from your description, they don't compare to Michigan.

nb
I didn't think that I had a suggestion for this until yesterday when we were on a rough stretch of freeway and I did my usual thing. I adjust my posture so that instead of having most of my weight on the seat, I put most of my weight on the pegs. So, instead of just sitting on my duff, taking whatever punishment the road is dishing out, I go into a crouch where a lot of the abuse is absorbed by my legs. I don't actually raise myself off of the seat (unless the road is really rough), I just adjust how my weight is being carried. It's kind of like having an extra set of springs that you can "switch on" when you need to. Of course, since it's a much more active stance, it can get too tiring to use continually on long runs, that would depend on conditioning, but it's effective for isolating yourself from harsh bumps, etc.

HEY!! Unregistered!! Does your bike have a name?
KJohnson21 is offline   Reply With Quote