ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old August 12th, 2013, 08:40 AM   #1
Jason-TST
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): All of them

Brand new TST shorty levers!!

These are TST Industries brand new shorty levers that production has just finished on. They fit the Ninja 250R and the Ninja 300 and will be on the website tstindustries.com within the next week for our public release! Check them out and let me know what you think!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ninja 250R and Ninja 300 Shorties photo.jpg (67.8 KB, 24 views)

Last futzed with by Jason-TST; August 12th, 2013 at 11:37 AM.
Jason-TST is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2013, 08:15 AM   #2
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2013, 12:46 PM   #3
Old Lemon
Lays er down

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Lime green Ninja 250R

how much are they going to cost? will them come in green? and are they shipped from asia?
Old Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2013, 12:53 PM   #4
Jason-TST
ninjette.org newbie

Price is going to be $115.99 and no, these are shipped right from our office right outside of Daytona Beach FL, a city called Deland. We only have black and red in these for right now, we my have green in the works in the near future but unfortunately not at this time.

Old August 18th, 2013, 09:45 PM   #5
bitaria
ninjette.org member

Name: Oleg

Motorcycle(s): CRF450X, CRF250R/SM, Husky 630 SMS, Ninja 250R

Price for 2 levers or per side?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason-TST View Post
Price is going to be $115.99 and no, these are shipped right from our office right outside of Daytona Beach FL, a city called Deland. We only have black and red in these for right now, we my have green in the works in the near future but unfortunately not at this time.
bitaria is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 19th, 2013, 06:27 AM   #6
Jason-TST
ninjette.org newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitaria View Post
Price for 2 levers or per side?
That is for the set, both brake and clutch.

Old August 19th, 2013, 06:56 AM   #7
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Jason, do you have a store or are you just a web site?

Old August 19th, 2013, 07:28 AM   #8
Jason-TST
ninjette.org newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
Jason, do you have a store or are you just a web site?
Sorry we do not, we run a good portion of our operations our of our warehouse in Deland FL and our website where we sell our products at this moment in time.

Old August 19th, 2013, 05:19 PM   #9
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R, 02 FZ1, '20 Fat Bob 114

I'm all for small companies and American made but you have tough competition if you only offer them in one color.

These http://shop.the2wheels.com/7-Clicks-...ustable-KA.htm are half the price and come in multiple colors, etc.

Do you have plans to offer custom colors? Custom engraving? Will you guarantee the levers from fading?
ForceofWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 20th, 2013, 08:04 AM   #10
Jason-TST
ninjette.org newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceofWill View Post
I'm all for small companies and American made but you have tough competition if you only offer them in one color.

These http://shop.the2wheels.com/7-Clicks-...ustable-KA.htm are half the price and come in multiple colors, etc.

Do you have plans to offer custom colors? Custom engraving? Will you guarantee the levers from fading?
We manufacture these in only our manufacturer colors. We set ourselves aside from competition in quality, if you are to disassemble our levers and our competitors levers, you will see where we differ from other companies. Colors are just colors, we focus on the design and durability and quality of our products, we do not do custom engraving, we only use the highest quality manufacturing process including the anodizing process, our colors will not fade in normal use and we will guarantee them if they do.

Old August 21st, 2013, 10:07 AM   #11
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 12' Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason-TST View Post
We manufacture these in only our manufacturer colors. We set ourselves aside from competition in quality, if you are to disassemble our levers and our competitors levers, you will see where we differ from other companies. Colors are just colors, we focus on the design and durability and quality of our products, we do not do custom engraving, we only use the highest quality manufacturing process including the anodizing process, our colors will not fade in normal use and we will guarantee them if they do.
not tryin to sound like an ass but you guys should really know better..especially since you're dealing with the motorcycle community.

its extremely common to do color schemes on motorcycles and for that price, i better have options in terms of coloring...TBH you'd think that'd be an industry standard by now..

I bought some cheap chinese levers that have worked flawlessly that are 3times cheaper than the website pricing. they've been washed many times, been through rain and heavy use and there seems to be no discoloration in them..so if i were to ever look for levers...that website would be completely out of question.
Aggrotech is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 21st, 2013, 12:35 PM   #12
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
The Chinese can knock-off anything and sell it cheaper - no news there.

Most of the time they will use the cheapest possible materials that will work, and usually the anodizing or coating is crap. There are always ways to make it better, which cost money and take time, but they figure you won't know if it's going to fail or not just from looking at it. They know it will fail sooner rather than later - but don't care. You get what you pay for.

We need to just say no to cheap rip-off crap. They didn't design it - they just reverse-engineered it.

If a legit U.S. company wants to produce quality products, even though they are significantly more expensive, we should support them - or at least not bash them for limited color choices.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 21st, 2013, 12:53 PM   #13
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
The Chinese can knock-off anything and sell it cheaper - no news there.

Most of the time they will use the cheapest possible materials that will work, and usually the anodizing or coating is crap. There are always ways to make it better, which cost money and take time, but they figure you won't know if it's going to fail or not just from looking at it. They know it will fail sooner rather than later - but don't care. You get what you pay for.

We need to just say no to cheap rip-off crap. They didn't design it - they just reverse-engineered it.

If a legit U.S. company wants to produce quality products, even though they are significantly more expensive, we should support them - or at least not bash them for limited color choices.
The Chinese knocked it off but you think this company invented these?

You think a piece of Billet Aluminum from china is "cheap rip-off crap"? These aren't that complex. And the Chinese ones aren't plastic.

If an American company is going to justify charging 2-3x more than the quality better be there or the customer service with them including customization better be. This company already stuck up their noses at the consumer when he suggested they were above doing any other colors or engraving. Like its beneath him.

Old August 21st, 2013, 01:48 PM   #14
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceofWill View Post
The Chinese knocked it off but you think this company invented these?

You think a piece of Billet Aluminum from china is "cheap rip-off crap"? These aren't that complex. And the Chinese ones aren't plastic.

If an American company is going to justify charging 2-3x more than the quality better be there or the customer service with them including customization better be. This company already stuck up their noses at the consumer when he suggested they were above doing any other colors or engraving. Like its beneath him.
I totally agree.

It wasn't clear if there was Attitude or not to me, but that would be a deal-breaker if there was.

Not all aluminum is created equal, and you can't tell by looking.

To make such a big deal about colors is silly IMO.

The biggest hurdle for this company is their target market. This market (entry-level) most likely will not support high quality American-made accessories like some of the other markets (high performance) that include higher priced cycles.

People who pay 2-3 times as much for their cycle are usually prepared to pay 2-3 times as much for their accessories.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 21st, 2013, 03:59 PM   #15
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

I agree. I may have blew up the attitude part, that's just how it read to me. I know all aluminum is not the same but I don't think you need 7075 for levers and I dunno if these even are. As far as the CNC process for the parts I don't think is an issue with the Chinese ones. Mine have no burrs and are machined well.

I however think colors is a big deal here. The main reason people are going to shell out that kind of money for new levers is so they look different and match what they want.

I don't think they've priced themselves out of the market if they could just address the issues.

Old August 22nd, 2013, 11:48 AM   #16
bitaria
ninjette.org member

Name: Oleg

Motorcycle(s): CRF450X, CRF250R/SM, Husky 630 SMS, Ninja 250R

There are lots of parts made from 6160 and 7075 alloys, all machined etc. US made stuff cannot approach China pricing just because people aren't paid $1 a day here. I'd like to say that quality here is better, but I have seen a number of products out of China in the last few years and they are not bad. Who is to say aluminum used to make this stuff in USA is made in USA...
http://www.world-aluminium.org/statistics/

What this means is that US based companies can win customers over by offering innovation and staying ahead of the copycat market, and providing a better customer service experience.

Last futzed with by bitaria; August 23rd, 2013 at 07:26 AM.
bitaria is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 22nd, 2013, 01:11 PM   #17
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Buy American and pay the taxes on your purchase. The government is running out of money to waste.