ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old June 8th, 2012, 03:36 AM   #1
robski11500
ninjette.org member

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R special edition

Fitment for leather pants

Just got a pair of Tourmaster apex leather pants from Motorcycle Superstore, and I need to get some advice on whether they fit or if I should return them. Used my jeans size as a guide, and when I put them on, the waist fit well and they were the right length. However, they are a little loose around my legs (I could pinch together about an inch of leather). When I get in a riding position, all the armor in the hips and knees is in the right place. Any input would be much appreciated.
Posted via Mobile Device
robski11500 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 8th, 2012, 04:50 AM   #2
EsrTek
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '13 300

I was told they should be a bit on the snug side, and will loosen up a bit. If they are that loose already I think it will get worse as they break in.
Hopefully someone more knowledgeable pipes in...
EsrTek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 8th, 2012, 05:54 AM   #3
PHL
ninjette.org member

Name: Napoleon

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Street Triple R

When I tried on leather pants at Revzilla, they were very very snug. I normally wear Dainese size 48 textile pants, and I tried the same size in their leather pants. I had to squeeze in them, i.e. suck in my gut and move my junk. I asked the salesperson if I shouldn't go up a size, and he said they were spot on. I tried on some used Dainese leather pants from a guy just a tad taller and heavier than I am, and it had stretched a fair bit compared to the new ones.
PHL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 8th, 2012, 07:11 AM   #4
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
If you feel self conscious in them, they fit right. hahahahhahah

Naw, they need to be tight enough to keep the armor/knee pucks in place. If they are so tight they restrict your movement to much or effect your comfort enough to cause your riding to suffer, then you need the next size up.

Always try on new jackets/suits while wearing your back/chest protector if you have one.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote