ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old May 30th, 2015, 10:26 AM   #1
uberwoot
ninjette.org member

Name: uber

Motorcycle(s): 250R

First time riding in over 17 years.

So I picked up a 2009 250r on Wed. Haven't been on anything with 2 wheels in over 17 years. Never used a clutch. Got on the 250r and really had no issues. Been doing some riding on major roads maybe 2 miles at a time but mostly in the sub's around my house to get use to the breaks and turning. As well as working the clutch. So today I hit 25 miles and I must say. Getting use to a bike again. Shifting is smooth and turns are slow lol. Can't wait to hit the roads some more.

Next up I'm going to work on counterstearing. Did a little today but I'm still taking turns pretty slow but I'm not in a big rush. After I get use to that I'll work on rev matching for downshifting. Going to replace the speedo with a digital or get a year indacator. I might just make my own I work in electronics. But taking it easy and slow. Love this bike I'll start riding with people after I get more miles in. Figure by 40miles I should be good. But so far I'm more comfortable on it. Know where its powerband is.
uberwoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2015, 10:36 AM   #2
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Welcome, Uber !!!

What your previous riding experience was?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberwoot View Post
........... Shifting is smooth and turns are slow lol............

Next up I'm going to work on countersteering. Did a little today but I'm still taking turns pretty slow but I'm not in a big rush. After I get use to that I'll work on rev matching for downshifting.........
Please, read these:

https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=114372

https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=99060

https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=149961

https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=121405

Last futzed with by Motofool; May 30th, 2015 at 12:42 PM.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2015, 10:40 AM   #3
allanoue
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Take the RRBRC for $25
http://www.schoolcraft.edu/continuin...ails/CES2-6210

Keep calm and ride on -Motofool
Never quit on a rainy day -ally99
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old May 30th, 2015, 12:09 PM   #4
snapshot
Fogwalker

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250 "Matilda"

Welcome back to the wonderful world of two wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanoue View Post
That right there.

No offense intended, but the difference between how good we think we are and how good we actually are is usually what kills us. A class will give you some objective information on where you really are as a rider.

Ride on,

J~

Old May 30th, 2015, 01:07 PM   #5
uberwoot
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapshot View Post
Welcome back to the wonderful world of two wheels!

That right there.

No offense intended, but the difference between how good we think we are and how good we actually are is usually what kills us. A class will give you some objective information on where you really are as a rider.

Ride on,

J~

When I was younger I raced MX. I'm going to take a returning rider course. Brush up on stuff and even if I dont at least meet some guys to ride with.

Fully aware I'm not the best rider. And even the best go down. But I plan on next season to get some better tires and a few other things and hit the track.

Side note today its 80. I'm in my pretty thick "summer" jacket that's more like a fall jacket. Has lvl 2 CE rated armor. Its hot but I'll take all the protection I can get. I have had the "dirt rash" the track version of road rash and I do not ever with to have a nurse who hates her job clean that out again. The cleaning hurt way more then the fall. I learned that young and I will never forget that.

Hope I can get out tomorrow for a hour or two. Damn rain sucks.

Old May 30th, 2015, 01:15 PM   #6
greg737
-

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

I was off motorcycles for 22 years when I bought my EX250.
greg737 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2015, 02:39 PM   #7
Skullz
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ray

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

I think it was close to the 20 year mark for me also, but you pick up really quick on riding again.
Glad your getting some miles under your belt, but the one thing you'll really want to do before any other mod would be to get a better seat cause the seats on these things can hurt after a few hours on them.
Skullz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 30th, 2015, 08:21 PM   #8
snapshot
Fogwalker

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250 "Matilda"

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberwoot View Post
When I was younger I raced MX. I'm going to take a returning rider course. Brush up on stuff and even if I dont at least meet some guys to ride with.

Fully aware I'm not the best rider. And even the best go down. But I plan on next season to get some better tires and a few other things and hit the track.

Side note today its 80. I'm in my pretty thick "summer" jacket that's more like a fall jacket. Has lvl 2 CE rated armor. Its hot but I'll take all the protection I can get. I have had the "dirt rash" the track version of road rash and I do not ever with to have a nurse who hates her job clean that out again. The cleaning hurt way more then the fall. I learned that young and I will never forget that.

Hope I can get out tomorrow for a hour or two. Damn rain sucks.
That's awesome! Good to hear that you've got your head on so straight.

Every year there's a crop of fresh squids out here, and with losing two friends in the last year I'm a little on the hypersensitive side.

I feel you on the rain. It rained every day the last summer I was back east.

Ride on,

J~

Old May 31st, 2015, 12:18 AM   #9
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

Name: Cadd

Motorcycle(s): 300

MOTM - May '15
Sup.

Old June 5th, 2015, 08:28 PM   #10
uberwoot
ninjette.org member

Went out today. I will be putting in a gel butt from a bike seat into my riding pants because it feels like i just spent a few years in prison. That seat sucks.

Well weather sucked. Did 80 miles today. 100% comfortable. Just nice and relaxed like i never took a break from bikes. Did some 65mph riding. Would of hit the highway for some 70 action but it was just to windy today and there were some nasty crosswinds. But full tuck "Well what a 6'2" 225lb guy can tuck into on a 250r helped a ton" But it was nice to get blown around and do some night riding.

Why my headlights are great on the side streets at night. I will be getting some silverstars. For the white and i found the headlights to be lacking on the main roads at night for me. Not as much light on the road as i would like.

60+ revzilla was right. Why the helmet is not the loudest im going to wanna get some ear plugs.

If the weather is nice tomorrow i'll put on 100 more miles.