ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Riding Skills

Old June 23rd, 2013, 08:29 PM   #1
Jefft
ninjette.org member

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250R

Phantom Throttle Hand Syndrome

The good thing about being a noob is the fact that every ride brings an epiphany. For instance, today I realized that old women driving Buicks in
Saratoga are physically incapable of seeing motorcyclists. Thank goodness for covering the brakes at intersections.

I've also realized there must be some little man who comes out of nowhere and chops my throttle and pins it, too. Admittedly, I've only taken this bike out only half a dozen times. I'm assuming it'll take me quite a few more rides to catch that guy messing with my throttle. Looking forward to the day when things finally smooth out. Despite my current astonishing lack of skill, I am having a blast.

Last futzed with by Jefft; June 23rd, 2013 at 08:42 PM. Reason: grammar
Jefft is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2013, 08:36 PM   #2
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefft View Post
..........I've also there must be some little man who comes out of nowhere and chops my throttle and pins it, too..........

Read my signature
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 23rd, 2013, 08:51 PM   #3
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Jeff, we all have that little guy trolling us.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 12th, 2013, 09:58 AM   #4
rasta
Your face

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CBR650f

It's crazy some of the old people they allow to be on the road. I've always believed you should have to pass some sort of physical to be allowed to drive. Not just for our sake, but for everybody's sake. I was at the DMV the other day to get my M1, and I saw people who could barely stand up and walk to the counter.
rasta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 12th, 2013, 10:30 AM   #5
dfox
ninjette.org sage

Name: Fox

Motorcycle(s): 08 250R

I still cant get rid of that little man chopping my throttle... seems like just the smallest input chops it when the gears are engaged. I can roll the throttle no problem with no load... still a work in progress...

i'm of the mindset that all drivers should have to pass a written test every 5 years. behind the wheel every 10 years.

driving is a privilege, not a right.
dfox is offline   Reply With Quote